We had another nutburger start shooting at police last weekend in West Texas.
The lame-o media—in this case NBC News—decided for America that the important part of the story was this:
- The attack, the second mass shooting in Texas this month, prompted a round of calls for stricter gun laws from some hopefuls running for the Democratic nomination for president.
- U.S. Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., said on Twitter, “America is sick of this. We need to act.”
- Former Congressman Beto O’Rourke of El Paso, Texas, where 22 people were killed in an Aug. 3 attack at a Walmart, tweeted, “More information is forthcoming, but here’s what we know: We need to end this epidemic.”
- U.S. Sen Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., said on Twitter that the violence makes her “heartsick.” “We’ve already lost far too many to gun violence-Congress must act now,” she said.
- Mayor Pete Buttigieg of South Bend, Indiana, also called for stricter firearms rules.
- Entrepreneur Andrew Yang tweeted, “We are better than this. We will do better for our kids.”
- And California billionaire Tom Steyer called for “emergency gun legislation.”
Imagine that. Six Democrat who think they could, when they grow up, become President of the United States are so consumed with their run to get the nomination to nowhere that, irrespective of the facts, they hear about a crazy person using a gun to kill innocent citizens and can think of nothing more than we need new laws.
Answer me this: Isn’t murder and jacking a USPS mail truck already illegal?
To me, this comes under the heading of, “but Achmed, we can’t do that in the United States, there’s a law against that.”
For its part, Google gives the so-called national media infinite amounts of preference when you google “Odessa TX shooting” On early Sunday morning, you had to get to the fourth page before you got past CNN, MSNBC, NBC, the New York Times, the Washington Post, etc. I never actually found the Odessa American on Google as a news source for the shooting, even though they had their police reporter assigned to it. The Washington Post? The New York Times? Seriously?
The fact is that the shooter is a resident of Odessa who was killed by police at a theatre complex after he hijacked a U.S. Postal Service truck killing the truck driver. And, had been fired from his job that morning. It has been reported that he called the FBI and other law enforcement tip lines before he used what appears to be an illegally purchased weapon.
The point is that, short of repealing the Second Amendment and confiscating over 300,000,000 guns, nothing “proposed” by the six Democrats referred to above would have prevented any of the “mass shootings” we have recorded since 1966.
The only thing which might work is repealing Democrat sponsored bills like those which make it illegal to consolidate databases of mental health issues and allow for one central constantly updated database against which background checks are made.
And even that’s a relatively long shot.
Because, in my opinion, what stops bad guys with guns are good guys with guns—and the training to make a difference.
They may be crazy when they go somewhere and shoot it up, but they’re not stupid.
These shootings almost never happen where there’s much of a chance that someone there might be able to shoot back.
But the left can’t accept that. Guns bad. Criminality good. That’s the way the left sees it—which is why NOTHING meaningful will ever happen.
If, by chance, one of these idiots were to get elected President and Democrats take Congress, you might see an armed revolution.
Or, more likely, we would find out that these guys were blowing smoke up our butts all along.