The American revolution started on April 19, 1775 in response to an attempt by the British regulars to disarm the militia of their stockpiles near Lexington. It became the shot heard ’round the world. The subsequent Constitution and Bill of Rights set up checks and balances, in part as a response to various types of British abuse and interference.
Today, the establishment has openly violated much the Constitution and Bill of Rights, wantonly spied on communications without warrant and staked TSA agents at airports to abuse the traveling public despite the 4th Amendment, and has conducted a long train of abuses. Now it seeks to dismantle the 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms, removing yet another important check on government power.
Watch this redux report on the Oath Keepers from 2009:
As the following special report makes clear, the Founding Fathers all intended for individual Americans to have firearms, to discourage and make impractical the worst forms of government abuse and usurpation:
New York’s Safe Act will mandate that all gun owners “surrender” magazines that can hold more than 10 rounds to law enforcement officials, according to a fact sheet released to accompany the new law.
A 4 page fact sheet released yesterday on the NYSenate.gov website states, “If you own a large capacity magazine greater than 10 round capacity that was a grandfathered magazine as a result of the 1994 Federal Assault Weapon Ban, within a year, you must do one of the following: dispose of it to another person outside New York State, surrender it to law enforcement officials, or permanently alter such to only accept 7 rounds.” (emphasis added)
The warning will only increase fears that a widespread gun and ammunition confiscation program could be in the works. As we highlighted last week, back in December, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo admitted that “confiscation could be an option,” when it came to enforcing the new law. However, provisions in the original bill that included confiscation were removed in order to prevent the legislation from being voted down.
Sheriffs across the country have put the Obama administration on notice that they will not carry out gun or ammunition confiscation programs if similar laws are passed locally or nationally. However, not a single Sheriff from New York or other cities with stringent gun control have joined the chorus.
Last week, Gloversville Mayor Dayton King warned that laws like the Safe Act could lead to a “Waco-style standoff” in rural areas of America.
“Most people are law-abiding citizens and may go ahead and sell those or turn those over, but you’re going to have a fraction of people that are going to take a stand, and I can just predict a Waco-style standoff in some rural area and it’s not going to end well,” Mayor King told Fox 23 News.
As Martin Hill points out, people in New York will also “be required to give their social security number and other personal data,” as part of the new law if they own a pistol.
“Every 5 years you will need to verify the following information on your pistol permit to the New York State Police: name, DOB, gender, race, residential address, social security number, the firearms possessed, and if you want, your e-mail address. The purpose of the recertification is to update information,” states the document.
Thousands of protesters gathered at the Capitol building in Albany, New York on Saturday to protest the Safe Act, which passed New York’s Assembly on a 104 to 43 vote.
“This legislation, as it stands currently, would not have stopped the violent attacks in Newtown, Connecticut or Webster, New York,” said Assemblyman Christopher S. Friend, who voted against the legislation. “This bill will, however, punish law-abiding citizens who value their Second Amendment rights, while doing little to address the real problem.”
Paul Joseph Watson is the editor and writer for Infowars.com and Prison Planet.com. He is the author of Order Out Of Chaos. Watson is also a host for Infowars Nightly News.
A Texas Congressman is threatening president Obama with impeachment if his administration exercises executive action to scale back the Second Amendment.
In a press release titled, “Obama’s gun grab an unconstitutional threat to the nation,” republican Rep. Steve Stockman stated, “The White House’s recent announcement they will use executive orders and executive actions to infringe on our constitutionally-protected right to keep and bear arms is an unconstitutional and unconscionable attack on the very founding principles of this republic.”
Rep. Stockman said that he will pursue “any means necessary” to thwart Obama’s use of executive orders targeting the Second Amendment “including but not limited to eliminating funding for implementation, defunding the White House, and even filing articles of impeachment.”
“Under no circumstances whatsoever may the government take any action that disarms any peaceable person – much less without due process through an executive declaration without a vote of Congress or a ruling of a court,” Rep. Stockman stated.
The Congressman said that the president’s actions would represent “not just an attack on the Constitution” but “a direct attack on Americans that place all of us in danger.”
“If the President is allowed to suspend constitutional rights on his own personal whims, our free republic has effectively ceased to exist.”
Congressman Stockman’s strong defense of the Second Amendment comes at a crucial time in the gun control debate. Anti-gun proponents have been envigored by the recent tragic events in Newtown, CT and are seeking to capitalize on the nation’s emotional vulnerability during this opportune moment to pass sweeping gun reform.
However, there are some law enforcers at local levels that say they will not enforce any unconstitutional mandates declared by the federal government. Sheriff Denny Peyman of Jackson County, Kentucky during a town hall speech this past Saturday, told attendees that he had no intention of taking anybody’s guns away. “I am responsible for the people inside this county,” stated Peyman, adding, “I couldn’t justify, if Obama passes this, it doesn’t matter what he passes, the sheriff has more power than the federal people.”
“I consider this a moral obligation… My office will not comply with any federal actions which violate the United States Constitution or the Kentucky Constitution which I swore to uphold,” Peyman declared.
Earlier this year, Rep. Stockman, along with Rep. Paul Broun (R-GA), introduced H.R. 35 IH, or “The Safe Schools Act of 2013,” a bill that would have eliminated “Gun Free Zones” around schools. The bill labeled the “Gun Free Zones Act” a “deadly failure,” and one section goes so far as to say “the reason that the `Gun Free School Zones Act’ has made American schools unsafe is that shooters now know that they can victimize American school campuses with no fear that victims will be armed.”
On Wednesday during a press conference with attorney general Eric Holder, vice president Joe Biden said president Obama is considering taking “executive action” to restrict the Second Amendment rights of the American people.
“The president is going to act,” said Biden. “There are executives orders, there’s executive action that can be taken. We haven’t decided what that is yet. But we’re compiling it all with the help of the attorney general and the rest of the cabinet members as well as legislative action that we believe is required.”
“As the president said, if you’re actions result in only saving one life, they’re worth taking. But I’m convinced we can affect the well-being of millions of Americans and take thousands of people out of harm’s way if we act responsibly.”
In other words, according to the Obama administration and the Justice Department, if trashing the Constitution saves one life, it is worth it.
Issuing an executive action, unlike an executive order, does not modify a law. Executive actions, a Obama administration office told NBC News in October, concern “regulation, enforcement, statements of policy… and numerous other things.”
Obama, unlike his predecessors, “is not expanding executive power to meet the demands of an external crisis. Instead, he is counteracting a new pattern of partisan behavior – nonstop congressional obstruction – with a new, partisan pattern of his own,” Andrew Romano and Daniel Klaidman wrote for Newsweek prior to the election.
White House communications director Dan Pfeiffer told Newsweek Obama will “work with Congress where we can – and then be willing to act where they won’t.”
Obama has already used executive action to instruct the ATF to conficate guns. In September, Obama’s Justice Department gave the ARF authority to “seize and administratively forfeit property involved in controlled-substance abuses.” In other words, the agency now has the power to seize firearms from people not convicted of a crime or even charged with a crime.
In July, as the Fast and Furious scandal unfolded, Obama’s Justice Department devised new rules requiring border-state gun dealers to report large purchases of firearms made by individual buyers over short periods of time.
Quote after quote makes clear – the founding fathers of the United States intended Americans to have weapons to defend against history’s greatest killer, Governments. Power inherently corrupts, and those founders wisely enshrined (but never GRANTED) the 2nd Amendment and other individual rights to discourage abuse by government and create a balance of power.
1. “One death is a tragedy; one million is a statistic.” - Joseph Stalin
2. “If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.” - Anonymous American adage
3. “The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” – Samuel Adams
4. “Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American…” – Tench Coxe 1788
5. “The Constitution preserves “the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation…(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” - James Madison, The Federalist, No. 46
6. “Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.” - Joseph Stalin
7. “In earlier times, it was easier to control one million people than to physically kill one million people; today, it is infinitely easier to kill one million people than to control one million people.” - Zbigniew Brzezinski
8. “Death solves all problems – no man, no problem.” - Joseph Stalin
9. “Education is a weapon whose effects depend on who holds it in his hands and at whom it is aimed.” - Joseph Stalin
10. “The only real power comes out of a long rifle.” - Joseph Stalin
11. “The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed.” – Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers
12. “Those now possessing weapons and ammunition are at once to turn them over to the local police authority. Firearms and ammunition found in a Jew’s possession will be forfeited to the government without compensation. Whoever willfully or negligently violates the provisions will be punished with imprisonment and a fine.” - Nazi Law (Regulations Against Jews’ Possession of Weapons), 1938
13. “Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property… Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them. ” –Thomas Paine
14.“It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government.” - Thomas Paine
15. “When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.” - Thomas Jefferson
16. “Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn’t. ” – Ben Franklin
17. “If the opposition disarms, well and good. If it refuses to disarm, we shall disarm it ourselves.” - Joseph Stalin
18. “What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms.” – Thomas Jefferson
19. “A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” – George Washington
20. “Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined…The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun.” – Patrick Henry
21. “Are we at last brought to such an humiliating and debasing degradation that we cannot be trusted with arms for our own defense?” – Patrick Henry
22. “The right of the people to keep and bear…arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country…” –James Madison, I Annals of Congress 434 (June 8, 1789)
23. “(The Constitution preserves) the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation…(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” –James Madison
24. “If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no recourse left but in the exertion of that original right of self defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government…” – Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist (#28)
25. “To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them.” – George Mason
26. “The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any bands of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States.” – Noah Webster, “An Examination into the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution (1787)
27. “A free people [claim] their rights as derived from the laws of nature, and not as the gift of their chief magistrate.” –Thomas Jefferson, Rights of British America, 1774
28. “The balance of power is the scale of peace. The same balance would be preserved were all the world destitute of arms, for all would be alike; but since some will not, others dare not lay them aside. And while a single nation refuses to lay them down, it is proper that all should keep them up. Horrid mischief would ensue were one half the world deprived of the use of them; for while avarice and ambition have a place in the heart of man, the weak will become a prey to the strong.” - Thomas Paine, “Thoughts on Defensive War”, July, 1775
29. “Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun.” - Mao Zedong, “Problems of War and Strategy”, 1938
30. “To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.” - Richard Henry Lee, 1778
31. “The right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible.” - Hubert Humphrey, “Know Your Lawmakers”, Guns magazine, February 1960
32. “The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing.” - Adolf Hitler, April 1942
33. “If gun laws in fact worked, the sponsors of this type of legislation should have no difficulty drawing upon long lists of examples of crime rates reduced by such legislation. That they cannot do so after a century and a half of trying — that they must sweep under the rug the southern attempts at gun control in the 1870-1910 period, the northeastern attempts in the 1920-1939 period, the attempts at both Federal and State levels in 1965-1976 — establishes the repeated, complete and inevitable failure of gun laws to control serious crime.” - Orrin Hatch, “The Right to Keep and Bear Arms”
34. “After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn’t do it. I sure as hell wouldn’t want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military.” – William S. Burroughs, 1991
35. “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference – they deserve a place of honor with all that’s good.” - George Washington
36. “A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.” – The 2nd Amendment to the Constitution